Friday, April 16, 2010

Description: The black figure shows a mother holding her child in her arms, which shows the love a mother devotes to her child. It also shows the line "For all the times she gently picked me up"I used black paint as a form of elegance for the mother and child. The grey streaks are the reflections of light and also allows viewers to differentiate the hands and body of the mother, and the child. The rose on the left is to represent the mother's love, which coincides with the line "Is just like a sophisticated piece of art". The blue background with the dark blue streaks shows the ocean, thus visualizing the line "In life's ocean, vast and wide"

Poem:

The greatest gift of all

Her love is just like an island

In life’s ocean, vast and wide

There are times when only a mother’s love

Can share the joy we feel

Just like an angelic dove

For all the times she gently picked me up,

When I fell down,

For all the times she tied my shoes

And tucked me into bed,

Or when we she needed something

But put me first instead

Her special heart

Is just like a sophisticated piece of art

Loving me with every might

And accompanying me in every fight

Life, the greatest gift of all

Given to me by her never ending hall

Of love,

Of life.

CHRISTY YIP (33) 2E7 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment